[OT] Netgem freeview lockups and Tivo

  • Subject: [OT] Netgem freeview lockups and Tivo
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:37:49 -0000

Hi All, Sorry this is OT but I am sure some of you here must use Tivo
with Freeview STB. I have bought a number of the Netgem/BT freeview
boxes and have been happy with them. I only recently added one to
Tivo and it seemed to be ok.

Got back from a weekend away and it has locked up so it did not
change channel when Tivo asked it to. This means it missed all of
SWMBO programs and I am in deep trouble.

I have noticed that these devices lock up quite a bit but it only
seems to be when they have a USB device connected. I have one with a
USB stick with photos for caller id and another with Ethernet an
connection.

Anyone else had this problem? Or can you suggest another STB that I
can use with Tivo with a bit more reliability.

Thanks in Advance.

Ian