Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: Re: Help wanted in terminology with 19" rack kit

  • Subject: RE: Re: Help wanted in terminology with 19" rack kit
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:44:02 +0100

I don't know where you can get the bar on the back by itself, I've only
ever
seen them sold complete with the patch panels.

The patch panels I have (48 way BICC Brand Rex) use a different approach
for
tie wrapping the cables. On the back of the panels each set of 8 ports is
self contained on a PCB with terminals arranged just as your are. However,
at the ends of each PCB there is a plastic tie wrap point so in my case all
of the cables feed in from the LHS or RHS of the patch panel and are tied
off along the centre of the punch down terminals. This will not be as neat
as individual cable ties, but deals with the strain problem just as
effectively.

HTH

Neil B.