Latest message you have seen: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: OT: Help with DV recorder/serial port "sniffing"

> In my experience HyperTerminal can be a little bit of a bugger, a
number

I know dad has tried something else, but I can't remember what it's called.
Still no joy though.

> As a test to see that the terminal emulator is working on the PC try
> shorting pins 2&3 of the serial connector (Rx/TX loopback) you
should see
> characters typed echoed back (provided you have no handshaking turned
on)

That only proves that the PC is okay and can talk to itself though!  I
need to prove that the DV thingy is okay...

Good suggestions though, thanks.

T.