RE: Compaq Proliant Server help

  • Subject: RE: Compaq Proliant Server help
  • From: "Stephen Wright" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:23:57 +0100

I have a Compaq 1850R to which I added a PCI IDE controller and a couple
of 120Gig drives. Works a treat under Linux
The trick is to get one that does not have its own built in Bios so it
won't try and override your primary SCSI raid controller.
I used this one from Komplett

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=111199
<http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=111199&cks=PRL>
&cks=PRL

On another point my Compaq has practically doubled my electric bill :-(

Oh btw this is my first post to the list having joined a few months back
so hello everyone!

Stephen