Re: RF 433MHz temperature/weather sensor receiver for the PC.

  • Subject: Re: RF 433MHz temperature/weather sensor receiver for the PC.
  • From: "Simon Allen" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 03:51:39 -0000

> Just a quick update - I've updated the website :-

I've added an example temperature logging application to the web
site as I've had a few people asking to see an actual unit in action!

It's logging live data off 3 units, sampled every minute, updated
every 5 minutes.

http://www.s-x-a.co.uk/rrd

[Please bear in mind that we may be working with the units at some
times, so the data on the graph may go unexpectedly high/low or even
disappear for a time altogether.]

It's just a quick example of what you can do with the excellent (and
of course free) Linux RRD (Round Robin Database) tool.  There's a
lot more that you can do with RRD, including plotting monthly/yearly
summaries and so on.

See here : http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/
for more details.

Simon.