Re: e-mail disclaimers

  • Subject: Re: e-mail disclaimers
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 11:05:33 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "m_surgenor" <malcolm@s...> wrote:
> anyone know of a product that can attach a different e-mail
> disclaimer depending upon conditions??

I use Mulberry, rather than Outlook Express.

Mulberry supports the idea of multiple "identities", each of
which
has its own settings for "from" address, as well as all the
and Reply-To: headers, and signature, and more.  Additionally,
identities can be configured to use different SMTP servers, if
required.

There are (at least) two ways it would support what you wish in a
reliable manner.

a) Mulberry can attach an identity to a mail account, and you could
have different mail accounts for each different personna.

or

b) Have just a single account, and set up rules, to direct incoming
mail to different folders.  You can then attach an identity to each
folder.

As its all automatic, it doesnt rely on the operator changing the
identity manually, so you can have high confidence it will always be
right.

Mulberry, from http://www.cyrusoft.com

No connection other than a very satisfied user etc.