Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Barcode data

Re: Re: Wired Dimming / Switching

No need for the schematic - I can picture it OK.  Some people don't have a
neutral at the switch - you seem to have the whole works!

I misread the first post - I was thinking you had an AD10 and LD11 wired in
parallel, one controlled through the switch, and the other via the PC.  I
thought that might work for me, but then I realised that apart from any
issues of applying main voltage to the output of a dimmer that is in the
off-state, I would also need to send commands to keep them synchronised.

I'm now having a scout around the web for info on DMX dimmer - there is a
much bigger market for stage lighting control than for home automation (at
the moment), so the equipment is cheaper (as someone pointed out earlier).
I'd imagine they are pretty rugged and easy to control too.

Mal