Latest message you have seen: Anyone need servers

Re: Wired Dimming / Switching

Hi Mal,

Extra wires :

I had a N (blue) + L (red) + Ground at the switch (here was the 230v
supply) from there I had a Switched L (black) + N + Ground to the
ceiling rose (the switched L being different color coded than the
always live L) so in order not to get confused I put in an extra red
and white (Red for feeding the LD11 and white as a switch wire
feeding 230v back to the switch together with the existing black as
input to the LD11)

In different words - Red & Blue became Live and N all the way - white
and black became the switch.

works a treat - but putting in those 2 wires next to the exiting ones
was not that easy over longer distances.

rgds Rob.

I could send you some schematics if you want.

wrote:
> > > It's a tricky one, because the cord is connected to a micro
module,
> > which
> > > sends X10 signals to a wired dimming module.  Holding the
cord
is
> > supposed
> > > to do the dimming...
> > >
> > > The current system is an (expensive) alternative to an LD11,
but
> > with a lag
> > > instead of a soft start.  Sigh.
> > >
> > > All I ever wanted was instant on full bright, instant off
control
> > from the
> > > pull cord, with holding the cord for dimming.  The module
used
> > exist
> > > (LD10) then some bright spark decided to replace it and that
soft
> > start was
> > > a "feature", and not the guest-unfreindly
annoyance that I've
found

<haweste@a...>

lag with