Re: [OT] Pan-European call system

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@b...>
wrote:
> In short, I've got a call centre in the UK, and satellite
> centres in Germany and France (with more coming in the
> Nordics) At the moment, they're all totally disconnected from
> ... nightmare snipped.

Depends what you mean by a call centre.

If you mean you have a "proper" ACD system, based on a PABX, then
see if your PABX manufacturer supports VOIP and proprietry
connection control.  Not looked at this for a while, but the Norstar
(badged as BT Meridian) systems should be able to do it, as they can
do it over DPNSS et al, and they do all the same stuff over IP these
days.  So all the terminals in all the countries are extensions off
the same PABX cloud, so all the PABX tricks work.  I'm sure most
proper PABXs these days support decent VOIP between themselves.

Just a bunch of phones - without even having looked at the thing I'm
going to suggest Asterix, 'cos lots of folks rave about it, and if
it cant do it yet, it should be modifiabel to support multiple
instances of itself co-operating.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx