RE: Help... TiVo died on the operating table

  • Subject: RE: Help... TiVo died on the operating table
  • From: "UKHA" <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:12:18 +0100

Probably, but my Linux skills don't stretch that far.
I'm guessing that if you had another drive with an uncorrupted backup
restored to it, you could use the Linux DD command to copy the first few
sectors of the drive over to the corrupt drive which may fix it.

I don't know the Linux equivalent of the dos "fdisk /mbr" command
which
rebuilds the mbr (to MS spec)...

Lee