Re: X10 Motion detection

I had a similar setup in the kitchen for a while but I found the lag was
just too long between walking into the room and the light coming on. This
was because of the RF transmission time to the receiver, receiver X-10 send
time to the controller and the X-10 send time from the controller to the
light. I also had an old MS13E which sometimes just refused to work for
whatever reason (I never got to the bottom of it and went wired in the
end). If you remove the controller bit and send direct to the light it
would be faster but you lose the configurability bit of it, it just
activates blindly. I now have beam breaks for initial turning the light on
and the PIR to keep it on and turn it off three minutes after I leave the
room which works a treat. The turning off is done by the controller where a
signal from the PIR resets a 3 minute timer. No signal and the timer
expires and off goes the light ;-))

Ian

andrew.kay@xxxxxxx
deutag.com