To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
Date: 06/18/2004 08:39AM
Subject: [ukha_d] X10 Motion detection

Hi,

I'm wanting to (eventually) have automated lights so am looking at fixing
PIRs in each room for motion detection, and then having a controller turn
on the lights via X10. Can I also use these as part of the alarm system or
do I need different PIRs? I'm probably looking at using MisterHouse as a
controller but maybe eventually I'll get HomeVision (and possibly Comfort).

So the questions are ;
What PIRs do people recommend.
What cable should I use ? Cate5e or Alarm cable
Where Should I place the PIR  - opposite the door ? above the window ?
Am I better using ceiling mounted 360 degree sensors ?
How do I connect these up, I'm assuming that I can supply power and then
simply
connect to a parallel port and look for pins going high/low ?

Help

Marcus