streaming live cameras via web interface..

  • Subject: streaming live cameras via web interface..
  • From: "jeremy2713" <jezjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:38:45 -0000

Hello there everyone,

Noob, so here I go in the best of my ability :)

We are a small web design company branching out a little into Home /
business automation to enhance our online portfolio

We have been asked by a small pub chain to have an on-line facility
for customers to log into their web site and check out their pub via
live streaming video. (e.g. see if their friends are in the pub, see
how busy it is etc).

we realise a small server will be required in each of the pubs with
broadband connection. with each pub a different I.P. so customers
can log in to whichever pub they want.

basically, which type of cameras would people suggest we use with
the above senario. Obviously colour but we are unsure of makes,
models etc.

If anyone could offer any suggestions, or if this is the best way
(or not) to go about this, it would be most welcome

many thanks

Jez