RE: [OT] any overclocking experts around?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] any overclocking experts around?
  • From: "Paul G. Watkin" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:13:38 +0100

Hi Paul,

I would be interested in how you get on with the Asus motherboard as I am
p=
lanning to purchase one in the next couple of weeks as I am finally going
t=
o get around to installing a Matrox RTx10 edit card, I have had collecting
=
dust for nearly a year after it wouldn't work in my current PC.

Is there any reason you didn't go for the Prescott CPU rather than
Northwoo=
d??

I was planning to go for a 3.2GHz Prescott, is there any reason I should
ch=
ange??

Is water cooling really necessary?? I am looking at the Lian Li PC 6070
Sil=
ent Aluminum Midi-Tower from Overclockers and wasn't planning on water
cool=
ing.

What other memory can be used with this board without ruining its
performan=
ce as the OCZ stuff at =A3350 is a little bit to expensive.

Cheers

Paul