Latest message you have seen: Re: Raspberry Pi in HA?

RE: Re: LCD drive bay panels

  • Subject: RE: Re: LCD drive bay panels
  • From: "James Hoye" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:55:54 +0100

> I too was a bit befuddled at all the settings on Andy's site!  I want
> to use Cisco 79xx phones to with 1 analogue line.  On the subject of

Sounds much like what I want too.  With an analogue phone (via IAXy) for
the
Cisco's-got-too-many-buttons type people in my house ;)

Andy's guide is great, but I just found too much stuff that didn't really
apply to me for my particular setup (like I don't have any telephony cards
installed - YET!)

> the IAXy - where do you get them from!  Digium's website says they
> aren't for sale yet and I can find the link for them!

Hmmm.... Chris?  Sure he said he'd got one from Digium.

> Oh, and if you do order through Kustom talk to Graeme if you have any
> problems - he runs the shop and is on the forums most of the time.
> He will answer almost any question you throw at him (except for the
> winning lottery numbers!) measuring of bezel sizes etc very
> accommodating!

That's the sort of service I like :)  I shall also request 35 hours to
every
day :)

> One last thing... I found this website
>
> http://asterisk.edihost.co.uk/
>
>  which shows how to use the screen on the Cisco phones to display
> useful Asterisk stuff - its a bit beyond me at the moment but maybe
> you would find it useful?

It mentions firmware 4.x and 5.x, currently 7.x is available.  It certainly
has really technical 79xx stuff on it though :)

I can get BT directory enquiries through the phone though - very impressive
and handy :)

It's apparently quite easy to write your own stuff - someone's already done
a directory in MySQL.  Weather info, news headlines etc. must all be quite
simple too if you have programming skills and some time [I lack the time
bit
ATM].

James