Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

Re: USB WiFi Adapters.

Paul

Just bought a  Linksys WUSB54G 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter from here

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?
ShopGroupID=8&CategoryID=121&ProductID=806&Title=Linksys%20WUSB54G%2054M
bps%20Wireless%20USB%202.0%20Adapter

I have just installed it in the Kiosk PC and all is working well.
Signal is still good through one floor and the other side of the house
(3 bed semi, plasterboard house)

Regards

Ben

On 8 Jun 2004, at 22:57, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Just trying to select one for potential car PC project... - no problem
> finding them, just trying to choose a good'un.
>
> Anyone use a USB WiFi adapter? - any recommendations on good or bad
> models?
>
> I'm looking for a USB2 54G variety, currently favouring the small
> dongle-style (not sure why, I just think I prefer as small as possible
> for
> in the car....) - Does this form-factor typically have inferior
antenna
> performance over the larger ones with "proper" external
aerials?