Latest message you have seen: Anyone need servers

RE: Door Bells.

John,

I thought of that... but I didn't fancy having wires running around the
place... the other idea (from the archives) is to hack a key fob type
remote into a doorbell type casing.

I'm sure there muse be away with a wireless bell though...
The other alternative maybe motion detection directly on the door,
although I guess the postman and stuff will set that off!

Thanks
Alistair

thinking
of
> > doing the same.
> > I think the best way to do it will be to use the parallel port
(unless
> > someone knows of some cheap com port trickery) and just hack the
> > standard wireless doorbell receiver to feed into this. I already
pretty
> > much have the code I need to interface this into an xAP broadcast
and
> > grab a shot from the front door webcam, but I can't find a
suitable
> > doorbell!
> >
> > Just wondering if anyone has (or has seen) a wireless doorbell
that
has