RE: [OT] Anyone using OSCommerce and taking Credit Cards ?

> Hi Tony
>
> I guess you installed a module for paysystems - which did you use ?

I don't actually use oscommerce (but the info still applies!), I use
paysystems for my hosting business.
Places like paysystems, paypal, nochex etc usually have well defined
api's, so even if there is not a module available for your chosen payment
processor, it should be relatively trivial to write one.
I am not a php programmer, but I wrote a nochex php plugin for clientexec
(The host billing s/w I use) by looking at one chris bond wrote for paypal
or worldpay, and just making appropriate changes.
You could probably do the same for oscomm if there is not a suitable
module available....

> Have just spoke to Barclaycard merchant services - they want £125.00
setup
> plus 2.6% per transaction... - plus a Business Bank account which i
dont
> have yet..

That's not too bad actually.  paysystems are somewhere between 3 and 5%
IIRC and there was a $50 or $100 setup fee.
Is this 2.6% all in, or + visa charges?  Also, check if there are
monthly/quarterly statement fees and/or fees for running a business bank
a/c.

My bank a/c is with Cater Allen which pays me interest and has no charges
if I am in credit.  Was with natwest before and they paid no interest,
charged per transaction AND had a quarterly admin charge - nice :/

cheers,

T.