Re: OT Video call s/w with webcam - recommendation

Adrian wrote:
> have recently got hold of a webcam and used MSN messenger with video -
> only its so slow (due to fact video info is going through MSN)

Not sure where you obtained that info from, but the audio and video
conferencing facilities in MSN dont go via an intermediate server, only
the IMs.

Start a video conference and do a netstat /a if you want to check this.

I agree that MSN isnt as optimised a other software, but if you have
adequate bandwith at both ends, you can get some pretty impressive
framerates.

Cheers,

/Neil/
www.spellings.net