RE: [OT] Anyone using OSCommerce and taking Credit Cards ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Anyone using OSCommerce and taking Credit Cards ?
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:32:20 +0100

You may want to have a wee look here -

http://www.paypalwarning.com/WallOfShame/Default.asp

To put this in context, I have been happily using Paypal for ages
without problems, and I just assume there will be a background
"noise"
of people complaining about anything...

The only thing that's causing me to possibly take this seriously is this
"Wall of Shame" - they have over 25 pages of "me too"
messages... and
whilst a lot of them are muppets who didn't read the Ts and Cs (like
refusing to hand over bank details, then complaining that they can't
withdraw money...) there are rather a lot who seem to have been just
screwed over.

I'm still using Paypal, just being careful not to let too much of a
balance accumulate.. I'd be very concerned about using them to handle
CCs, as I'd expect more hassle with chargebacks than on something like
ebay.

Ian.