Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Whs Connector problem

USB stream of MP3.

  • Subject: USB stream of MP3.
  • From: "seniorsimon" <simon.ryley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:35:53 -0000

I want to create a cheap portable HDD using an old 2.5" laptop hdd
and a USB2 housing from ebay.

This can then hold a lump of my mp3 collection to so I can play them
on my laptop at work.  The place I am currently working has a
draconian IT policy, so I don't want to copy my music to the laptop
hdd, but simply play the mp3s from the USB hdd using Media Player on
the laptop.

The critical question is, will a the data rate of USB1.1 be fast
enough for music playback?  Has anyone else done this? The laptop
only has USB 1.1, no Firewire, USB2 or anything else quick.

Finally has anyone got a 10Gb or bigger laptop hdd they don't need
and would be willing to sell me?

Thanks,

SeniorSimon