Latest message you have seen: Video Tour of Brilliant Living's HQ

Re: Using Vigor 2600VG and asterisk

  • Subject: Re: Using Vigor 2600VG and asterisk
  • From: "ianh1000" <ianh1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:06:47 -0000

I am also considering one of these but have a question on the print
server. I use a software VPN to my works network, as soon as I start
the VPN I can't see anything on the local LAN so can't share a
printer. Is it possible that I could still see the print server on
the router?

THanks in advance

Ian
- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dan Khan" <dan@k...> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm thinking of taking up the recent ad posted for the vigor
2600VG VoIP
> router.  Anyone know the answer to a few quick questions:
>

> I will eventually get round to setting up an asterisk box as part
of my home
> network - can I use this router to bridge the PSTN to IP traffic.
i.e do I
> need anything else other than this router and a spare box to
install
> asterisk to allow me to make phone calls to other PSTNs and IP
phones and to
> allow incoming calls to be handled correctly?  Will the
router/asterisk be