Latest message you have seen: Re: Creating UPS Powered Mains Sockets Around Your Home

RE: Re: [OT] WAN throughput comparisons

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] WAN throughput comparisons
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:09:32 +0100

Hi David.

Yeah, I realise there are loads of caveats to trying to put numbers on
these
kinds of things, but at the moment, that's not really too important, I just
need to get a ballpark figure for the kind of throughput I could expect, in
ideal conditions, over a variety of circuits, such as:

1.5Mbps T1
12Mbps ATM-PVC
2Mbps IP-Flex
8Mbps Cellstream

And a few variations thereof....

Just in terms of "Circuit X will move Y amount of data in Z amount of
time....."

So I can make a stab at estimating some timescales for a migration....

Paul G.

>From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] WAN throughput comparisons
>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:35:37 -0000
>
>--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...>
>wrote:
> > Anyone know of a reference guide to the "typical" data
> > throughput figures on various kinds of WAN links?
>
>What sort of stuff you interested in?  I used to do a lot of this
>sort of analysis.  There is a lot of "it depends" stuff in
there :-)