Latest message you have seen: Re: DIN Rail Support Brackets?

Re: More news on the Sky service to rival Freeview

>Mal,
>
>There are several problems here...
>
>1) Your DVD player probably shouts louder than Sandy Heath does at a
>distance of 25 miles

Yes I realise that.  I used it really to make sure the cabling was
continuous, and that my "aerial" wasn't just the cable itself.

>2) I'd re-terminate both ends of the aerial cable, as corrosion really
>blocks the signal. This fixed a friend reception.

I'm actually about to hook up all new cable.  I've fitted a loftbox and
have run new CT100 cable to all the rooms.  I just need to connect it to
the wallplates.  This might fix the problem.

>3) Make sure the aerial is pointing in the right direction.

It might actually be pointing in completely the opposite direction -
I'll have to check! :-)

> <>4) The roof tiles can block up to 85% of the signal, so you
may want
> to try
> temp. sticking the aerial out of an upstairs window to see if the
signal
> improves.5) If you really can't mount it outside, you'll need the
> biggest damn aerial

>you can find in the loft, I did see a website somewhere with a snap of
a 14
>foot monster aerial some chap used to pick up good signal inside a
loft,
>however he was a much further distance from the transmitter... :)

It is a bit dinky, to be honest.  The loft would be the best place if I
can get enough of a signal -  I probably will have to replace it with
something quite a bit meatier...

Mal