Latest message you have seen: =?iso-8859-1?Q?RE=3A_=5Bukha=5Fd=5D_Kitchen_Flip_Down_LCD_TV_=A3169=2E99?=

RE: More news on the Sky service to rival Freeview

  • Subject: RE: More news on the Sky service to rival Freeview
  • From: "UKHA" <mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:52:14 +0100

Mal,

There are several problems here...

1) Your DVD player probably shouts louder than Sandy Heath does at a
distance of 25 miles
2) I'd re-terminate both ends of the aerial cable, as corrosion really
blocks the signal. This fixed a friend reception.
3) Make sure the aerial is pointing in the right direction.
4) The roof tiles can block up to 85% of the signal, so you may want to try
temp. sticking the aerial out of an upstairs window to see if the signal
improves.
5) If you really can't mount it outside, you'll need the biggest damn
aerial
you can find in the loft, I did see a website somewhere with a snap of a 14
foot monster aerial some chap used to pick up good signal inside a loft,
however he was a much further distance from the transmitter... :)