Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: More new Mac mini rumors...

Re: More news on the Sky service to rival Freeview

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Mal Lansell wrote:
> If the list is indeed larger and they are filtering it based on
> postcode, why would they think I might not get ITV if I should be able
> to recieve BBC1?  Is each channel transmitted at a different power
level?

Yes, on some transmitters, to avoid interference. Although all multiplexes
transmit at 20kW from Sandy Heath according to www.dtg.org.uk so I'd
assume you'd get all or nothing :) All with the correct aerial type
(you'll need one that incorporates Group W).

Why not borrow a freeview box from a friend to see what you get? Or even
purchase one from Asda or Argos etc. with a no quibbles guarantee (check
small print) so you can get your money back if you can't seem to receive
the full array of channels.

Again, don't trust the online postcode checkers. I put my parents'
postcode in and it claimed only some of the available channels would be
receivable. I know for a fact they get each and every one of the freeview
offerings, because I set it up for them....

Good luck,

Maccy