Latest message you have seen: Re: What did Santa Bring?

RE: Re[2]: Re: PC IR Control

You have several issues here...

Generally you can't use an IRDA interface to control TV's as the
frequencies
are different.
You'll need an IRDA interface for the phone and something like a USB-UIRT
or
RedRat for the TV.

Cheap USB phone leads are a bit of a minefield, esp. on Nokia phones as
many
share the same connector but need different software, even with the
(supposedly) right lead and software it doesn't always work. Get the
official Nokia lead (very expensive) and it all woks first time...

With IRDA though I've always had success, but it is a lot slower if you're
downloading pictures from a camera phone, but for everything else it's OK.
I've used both a motherboard connected i/f and usb, both have been fine.

If you do use the mobo version, don't forget to activate the IR in the
bios.

Lee