From: UKHA
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 9:08 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Wireless In-Car MP3?

On the other side of the fence, many years ago I had a "portable"
MP3 player
(that was P133 PC built into a briefcase, powered by an inverter) with a
5GB
3.5" standard IDE harddrive, cushioned by a few rubber grommets,
strapped
into the boot of my car for many months (until the inverter packed up), the
harddrive was fine... not hiccup in the music and it scandisked fine when I
removed it...

A friend also has a newer MStation that has had the 3.5" HD mounted in
his
boot for 2-3years and he does a lot of mileage, but the HD is still OK...

Of course YMMV...  :)

Lee