Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Bathroom project - Cbus style lighting system....1 room only though!!

CBUS Dimmer and relay Wiring

  • Subject: CBUS Dimmer and relay Wiring
  • From: "paul_watkin" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:08:39 -0000

Having read a few messages on here and some of the posts on the
automated home forum I am slightly uncertain as to how the CBUS
dimmers should be wired into the lighting circuit.

My understanding is that I should fit an 8A MCB on the incomming side
of each dimmer module (assuming 8 channel) and a 1A MCB (fast
tripping) on each output circuit to minimise the risk of a dimmer
channel being blown if there is a short circuit and to also allow
issolation of that lighting circuit for maintenance.

In the case of Realy channels I am assuming I would have MCB's on the
live side of the relay (if that makes sense) selected based on the
size of the load, is there a certain uplift I should allow or is this
taken care of by the manufacturer when they specify te MCB.

ie will a 10A MCB trip instsntly when I apply a 10A load or is there
an ammount of headroom?

I am no on the CBUS course until the end of the month but want to
place orders for the remaining hardware so I can get the instalaltion
started without having the dimmers (not actually living at the house)

Paul