Latest message you have seen: RE: Seeking longer IDE cable

Re: Is this how CCTV caneras die?

Thanks for the suggestions on this.  I did a bit of plug swapping and
quite quickly isolated it to the RF modulator power supply.  Swapping
in a new one and my 50Hz lines disappeared.  Sorted!

So to answer my own question - No it's not how CCTV cameras die; its
how power supplies die.

Thanks again

Richard

> The line is 50Hz being superimposed on the video signal.
>
> It may come from either a shot powersupply for the RF amp, or the
camera, or
> more likly a ground loop you have made between the PC and a
TV/DVD/Sky box which
> is now grounded via the coax to the PC.
>
> unplug the mains plug to any and all interconnected gear, and see
if the line
> goes, if it does, put a braid breaker on the line to the PC - you
can make your
> own with 2 baluns hooked back to back generally, but check them for
any
> electrial connection between the coax and the 300 ohm terminals.
>
> If you dont get it clear up with the other stuff powered down, then
go any buy
> new AC adaptors for the camera and the RF amp if they are seperate.
Not uncommon