Re: Touchscreen 'Jukebox' software ?

  • Subject: Re: Touchscreen 'Jukebox' software ?
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:33:34 -0000

> As Rob says - I'm already using Musiclobby but it just isn't
> Touchscreen friendly.

I curious as to why you think musiclobby is not touchscreen
friendly? I run it on variety of touch devices (ProGear, 15" CTX
fixed monitor, Kiosk PC, 10" Viewsonic airpanel). I do find the
buttons next to tracks etc(+ and >). a little too small on the
800x600 touch devices (Kiosk, Viewsonic) but otherwise the transport
buttons work fine and I normally use a different scene to select my
playlists. On the 15" @ 1024x768 it is very easy and I have yet too
see better - including the new crop of AMX and Crestron kit. I
recently ran Music/main lobby on a 3M 17" touch display @ 1024x768
and it looked really stunning!
> I guess the lesson is to trial ALL the software. I downloaded the
> trial version of Mainlobby and was very impressed (and still am!)
so
> I bought Musiclobby blind, expecting the same level of
customisation
> which just isn't the case.

I know that Dan is working on new a release of MusicLobby and is
soliciting user input/suggestions - have a look at his "punch
list"
on the Cinemar forum.

> Cinemar have promised a touchscreen version 'in the future' but I
> get the impression the developers are a bit overstretched.

I think you're correct on that one, but I have tried a LOT of other
solutions and this one is the best so far and it holds a great deal
of promise for the future. I particularly like the
server/client/peer approach.
I do think they could have done better with MusicLobby but I think
it will improve and I know that a version which you can "dismantel
and rebuild" is in the works.

Keyvan