Re: Tiscali Broadband

Maccy wrote:

> Have just signed up for 256k broadband from Tiscali.
>
> If anyone on the list has this, I'd be interested to hear any
impressions
> of speed, quality etc.
>
> I'm hoping to be able to work from home 1-2 days a month. Is a static
IP
> address included?

Your best bet is www.adslguide.org.uk and for static IP, the Ts & Cs
that you just signed up to should tell you!

> I've got hold of a PCI ADSL modem also, in the hope that I can use
this
> rather than the external one that is included(?) I assume that I can
just
> flog the free one when I get it.

Shouldn't be a problem if that's what you want to do. If you're thinking
about sharing on more than one PC/ device (tivo, pocketpc, xbox, ps2)
now or in the near future, you'd be better looking at a hardware ADSL
router than a PCI card.

Cheers
--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com