From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)"
<haweste@airproducts.com>
To: <ukha_d@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 26 January 2004 09:55
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Shower flow detection

Hi StUart,

I was looking at this a while ago, with DesG. He found this one (flow
switch)
>from
say, it needs plumbing. The bit I was really trying to avoid was the
pressure
drop they induce in the line as my showers are only gravity fed.

Temperature switches were also an option, but sourcing one with the right
characteristics wasn't a simple task, nor were they particularly cheap.
However,
in the last couple of weeks I've been toying with using a DHW cylinder stat
clamped to the pipe. It's easy to fit, mains voltage rated, adjustable,
doesn't
impede the water flow and is cheap (especially as I've already got a spare
one
!).

It's a job on the to do list, along with fitting the extract fan, so I'll
let
you know how I get on. Don't hold your breath though . . . ;-)

One last suggestion - if you've got a power shower unit fed from a mains
pull
cord, take some contacts from the switch. It doesn't detect flow, but does
save
some messing around (Keith's suggestion that one :-)  )

Cheers,

Tim H.

+

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com