CCTV Solution required

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: CCTV Solution required
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:57:28 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Due to the unfortunate burglary of a colleague, SWMBO is now interested in
=
beefing up our security. We have had Comfort installed for years and I'm
ha=
ppy with my ability to detect a break in. However we are concerned about
ou=
r lack of ability to identify someone 'casing the joint' or if the worst
ha=
ppens, video evidence of intruders. I know that there was recent
discussion=
here about the Geovision cards and some cameras available from rfconcepts,=
but I'm not sure that there was any final recommendations on models and ov=
erall solutions.

My budget is up to =A3500, but I would rather keep it down to =A3400
(these=
prices are ex-vat). I need to have 2 outdoor cameras, 2 indoor cameras, al=
l black and white, audio not required. I also need a card capable of
proces=
sing the feeds from the 4 cameras and probably capable of adding another 2
=
cameras later on. Of course I also want a software solution to deliver the
=
feeds to the internet/intranet but I assume that will come with the cards.

As far as cabling is concerned, I already have CAT5e and CT100 to every
loc=
ation I need, so either type of connection will be fine.

I'd really like to buy in the next day or two before the 'enthusiasm' from
=
SWMBO evaporates, so what can you guys suggest?

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20