RE: WAS: PVR's skipping adverts... NOW: Book Review

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: WAS: PVR's skipping adverts... NOW: Book Review
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:22:56 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

For those who are as sad as me.......

While sunning myself over Xmas and New Year I read the following book,
which
gives a whole load of info on the birth of PVR's and their likely effects
on
the advertising industry in the last chapter. First two chapters chronicle
some amazing stories of 'internet wiz kids'. Worth a read if you like such
stuff. Only a short book, you'll read it in a day.

The Future Just Happened
Michael Lewis

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0340770864/ref=sr_aps_books_1_3/026
-4686579-0726841

Amongst the other 5 I read was:

The Oracle of Oracle: The Story of Volatile CEO Larry Ellison and the
Strategies Behind His Company's Phenomenal Success

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0814406394/qid=1074716454/sr=1-2/re
f=sr_1_10_2/026-4686579-0726841

Which was also a good read.

Anyway I probably boring people so I'll shut up :-)

Rob