Re: [TiVo] Question for all you TiVo peeps

Mark Hallows wrote:

> One of the TiVo's I sold had this issue and I was wondering if anyone
had
> any ideas on what it could be ??

Have you had a look in the logs? If it's hacked, simply look on
TivoWeb.... could be early indications of hard disk on it's way out,
grep ide /var/log/kernel from a telnet for a quick check - when I've had
a hard drive die before on my Tivo, it put loads of IDE complaints into
the log for a while before it properly died.

If it's not hacked (stolen from  "New Almost Complete TiVo Codes
List"
on www.tivocommunity.com) :-

C-E-C Thumbs-Up - Will allow you to access the TiVo's log files on your
TV screen. Page up and page down allow you to move through the log
information and the right arrow you to move through the log files. Use
the left arrow key to get back out to the normal TiVo menus. Thumbs up
and Thumbs down will take you to the top or bottom of whatever log is on
screen.

Hopefully it isn't a dying hard drive, and it's something else....
overheating maybe?

Not trying to be alarmist, but if it's always when Tivo is writing
thumbs data, which I assume always goes in a certain part of the disk
with the rest of the thumbs data, it could well be hard drive issue. :(

HTH
--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com