Re: In-Ceiling Speakers

Thanks for all the feedback. What do you think about the Sonance=20
Merlot 421MR with the 4"footplate?=20

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Harrison \(Yahoo!\)"
<mph@a...>=20
wrote:
>=20
> > hi Can anyone recommend a set of in-ceiling speakers. I need a=20
pair
> > of rears for my lounge and a pair for my lounge.
>=20
> Sonance. Variety of models from about =A3120+ per pair upwards.
>=20
> I do NOT rate the Linn Sweetspot - they are designed for US homes=20
with a LOT
> of space upwards required behind them (and I don't think they=20
sound that
> great either.)
>=20
> About the only downside is that the distribution network is a bit=20
limited.
> If you're in Sussex, I'd recommend Phase 3 in Worthing (also have a
> Southampton branch.)
>=20
> > Also has anyone had  any problems using in-ceiling speakers or
>=20
> Nope - my Sonances have worked perfectly since the day they went=20
in.
>=20
> > any advice on installing  them?
>=20
> - Measure twice, cut once.
> - Saw slowly.
> - Double check the length of speaker cable you want to run.
>=20
> The Sonances have a flange round the edge of about 1/2" which
will=20
cover up
> minor irregularities in sawing. The messier bit for me was actually
> installing a backbox with speaker terminal sockets on the wall=20
behind the
> hifi, since I needed to be far more accurate with that than the=20
speaker
> itself.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Mark

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20