Re: In-Ceiling Speakers

Just been down that route myself and after a lot of testing and
research I ended up where everyone else seems to be.  Sonance.

For background and "normal" audio, the 622TR seems the best bet -
now have 8 of these scattered around the house (cost about 200 quid
a pair).  For more serious audio go for the Virtuoso range (big
bucks - I had some shipped in by a friend in the US rather than pay
the UK price)

Both are more or less identical with regard to fitting; cut a hole
and they jump in themselves.  Both sound excellent - I have 5
Virtuosos positioned for Theatre surround and (in my set up) they
are virtually indistinguishable sound wise from my original B&W
setup although I have kept the B&W centre and sub-woofers.

Positioning is important - dont stick them in the corner of the room
without listening to them first as this dramatically changes the
acoustics.  However, in my lounge, I put them reasonably close to
the walls which seemed to "lower" the speakers so that you are
not
aware that they are in the ceiling.

Cheers

Mik

--- In ukha_d@yahoogroups.com, "mark90h" <mark.heyhoe@v...>
wrote:
> hi Can anyone recommend a set of in-ceiling speakers. I need a
pair
> of rears for my lounge and a pair for my lounge. Also has anyone
had
> any problems using in-ceiling speakers or any advice on installing
> them?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com