Re: In-Ceiling Speakers

> hi Can anyone recommend a set of in-ceiling speakers. I need a pair
> of rears for my lounge and a pair for my lounge.

Sonance. Variety of models from about £120+ per pair upwards.

I do NOT rate the Linn Sweetspot - they are designed for US homes with a
LOT
of space upwards required behind them (and I don't think they sound that
great either.)

About the only downside is that the distribution network is a bit limited.
If you're in Sussex, I'd recommend Phase 3 in Worthing (also have a
Southampton branch.)

> Also has anyone had  any problems using in-ceiling speakers or

Nope - my Sonances have worked perfectly since the day they went in.

> any advice on installing  them?

- Measure twice, cut once.
- Saw slowly.
- Double check the length of speaker cable you want to run.

The Sonances have a flange round the edge of about 1/2" which will
cover up
minor irregularities in sawing. The messier bit for me was actually
installing a backbox with speaker terminal sockets on the wall behind the
hifi, since I needed to be far more accurate with that than the speaker
itself.

Regards,

Mark

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com