Has become OT Lighting ;) (Was: Re: DIY DMX Lighting)

>> actually the oldest are a couple of Junior 8's
>> from the 60's but great big variable resistors on a wall (which
make
>> nice sparks and you could cook your dinner on!) seem a far cry
from
>> the
>> modern days of home automation :P
>>

> Thats what I started on at school. Used to have to grease the sliders
> with
> Vaseline before the start of a show. They used to chuck out so much
> heat that
> my mate and I up in the lighting gallery used to dring a gallon of
> orange
> squash between us during a 3 hour show. :-)

Yeah, we had Tempus racks at school, but the old Junior 8's were still
there (and still worked)... the school did nothing and in the end my
poor rig got condemned by me - the fact that the cases of the racks
went live and caught fire once was once too many (I could put up with
live casing, they were in a locked room... the fire caught people's
attention :P)

Alas, my entire school got condemned by me and a group of pupils who
moaned at HSE.... but they should be grateful - lovely new building
with a professional lighting rig :P

Ah, well.... I miss the rundown place, T'was my stage :P

</ot remanissing>

dangerous content and is believed to be clean

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com