Re: DIY DMX Lighting

> As this thread started out as a way of getting affordable lighting
in=20
> the home
> I assumed that the bigger players in the market would be out of the=20
> desired
> price range. Even Anytronics are a lot more expensive than when I=20
> first used
> their products 14 years ago (which incidently are still in constant=20
> use having
> only suffered from blown fuses!)

I'm sure lightprocessor's lightomation range is still very cheap (used=20
to be able to get dimmers from them under =A3200) and Zero88 are quite=20
good if you call them not long after they discontinue something - you=20
get them cheap :P

The oldest dimmers I've met are a couple of old Strand STMs, almost 30=20
years old and still going strong running every day in a place that uses=20
them quite heavily :) , actually the oldest are a couple of Junior 8's=20
>from
nice sparks and you could cook your dinner on!) seem a far cry from the=20
modern days of home automation :P

Gone completely off-topic now, havent I :P

Ross

--=20
This message has been scanned for viruses and=20
dangerous content and is believed to be clean

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com=20