Re: DIY DMX Lighting

>> SoundLab 4 x 5A.
>>
>> Yes, I know SoundLab isnt Avolites, but in my experience their kit
>> is entirely adequate if not mistreated.
>>

> Agreed, but for domestic use it will last forever. How many people
> have 1200W
> of lighting on a single circuit. At 300-500W it will hardly get warm
in
> operation.
>
> Other manufacturers include
>
> http://www.chauvet.co.uk (some
LED lighting there as well)
> http://www.ryger.co.uk ( 8 x 5A
rack mount dimmer pack )
> http://www.njd.co.uk
> http://www.anytronics.com

Just to add;

http://www.zero88.com/  (sometimes
sell off old stock cheaply, and any
company that has a calls their products Frogs and has a caption
competition (http://www.zero88.com/caption.php)
deserves a mention!!! -
they're also great for support and have even been known to supply me
circuit diagrams and spares for older equipment without charging :))

http://www.lightprocessor.co.uk/index2.htm
(look for their cheaper
"Lightomation" range, LightProcessor manufacture a lot of stuff
for
Strand, so although relatively unheard of, it's good equipment)

I would, however, stay away form a lot of the MUCH cheaper DMX stuff
aimed at DJ's/Disco Lighting and the like, they dont tend to be as well
made and from past experience wont do nice smooth fading .. this may
have changed recently, but a few years ago that was certainly the case.

Also, if you're in Scotland, I would advise against using the biggest
lighting company up here for anything (you know who they are :P). I
have had many bad experiences, mainly from hires though.

Ross

dangerous content and is believed to be clean

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com