RE: Re: DIY Lighting DMX Option

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: DIY Lighting DMX Option
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:38:14 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

From: Keith Doxey [mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx]
>What we need is an X10/xPL/xAP to DMX512 Gateway.

It doesn't look especially hard, tbh.

/me scurries off to download some DMX512 specs..

>The price of the DMX dimmer pack quoted by David put it below the cost
of >Lamp Modules, Din Modules and X10 WallSwitches

Indeed.. and(imo) that leaves more budget for the really swish stuff,
possibly using tech like the qprox switches to produce some beautiful
looking switches, or indeed, go the whole hog and get some of the
Kinetic Cove style lights supporting direct DMX control...

For me, that's where spending C-Bus type money comes into it's own:
architectural lighting, with soft fades and fills.. fade from the blue
tinted brightness of the day into a more gentle orange sleepy light as
the night draws on..

I'll stop drooling now.

I.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com