Re: automated bins

Hi Stephen,

> It's on the boundary of automation just, but has anyone seen or bought
> those dustbins that open when you place your hand near the lid. I
> think they use a reflected IR eam to detect your presence. They are
> about £70 IIRC but then again a metal Brabantia bin that is fully
> manual is about that too.

I read about them in IIRC Digital Home a few months ago, and I'm sure
they were 20 quid from the web retailer mentioned, although it could be
for a different size.

Will try to dig the article out.

--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com