Mercury Mail Server

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Mercury Mail Server
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mlansell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:16:30 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Anyone here using the Mercury IMAP server?  I've been trying to set it up
on
my system at home, and I think I'm almost there - but I think I must be
missing one vital setting somewhere along the line...

I'm using the Mercury Pop3 module to download mail from my NTL accounts,
and
want to use the Mercury Imap server so that it doesn't matter which PC is
used to read the email.  I'm using Outlook Express as the client for my
tests.

The Pop3 module downloads mail successfully.  I can see the files in the
mail directories on the server.  Outlook connects to the Imap server OK,
the
mail folders appear, and all sent mail gets copied to the sent items folder
on the server (although sent mail goes directly to NTL - it's not relayed
by
Mercury).

The problem is that nothing appears in the Inbox.  The log from Outlook
shows the Imap server reporting "Exists 0 Recent 0" for the
Inbox, so I
suspect that the problem is caused by the Imap module not picking up the
mail that is downloaded by the Pop3 module.

Does anyone know how to get the Pop3 and Imap modules to work together
properly?

Mal

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com