RE: Pinnacle Showcenter

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pinnacle Showcenter
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:21:26 -0000

> What spec of PC are your running it off Tony?  The

Because I haven't installed it properly yet, am testing on my workhorse -
3ghz Athlon, 1gb memory, GeForce3 card, so beefy enough...

> seem to be 'okay' and the remote problem seems to be not the
> remote but the PC s/w and appears to be particularly bad playing
> mp3 files...

I haven't even tested mp3 playback yet, just video and still images.  It's
mainly a problem in trying to FF/RW a video file, and just navigating
around
can be real slow (especially if you have started playing something and
still
try to navigate).  Some of the lack of speed was the pc software, but the
rest I think is the firmware/hardware playing up.....

> There is talk of some alternative open source s/w coming
> available soon so perhaps it's worth keeping an eye out for that...

There is a linux client available but not tried it yet since my linux box
is
in pieces ATM....
I have however just downloaded the neuston software and that looks pretty
good.  It can do internet radio as well as having a few website summaries
built in.  Radio is nice to have, can live without web due to limitations
of
TV resolution making it a bit pointless really....

Cheers,

T.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx