Re: [OT] Ipaq crased during ROM upgrade - Help!

Tom Dubourg wrote:
> My Ipaq is now in parrot mode and my problem is that the active sync
> s/w cannot connect to the ipaq to recommence the upgrade.

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about that. Are you following these sort of instructions ?:-

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?dt=3&source=MH010126_CW02.xml&pid=-1

I've never had a ROM upgrade fail on me (and I installed some of the
dodgy 2002 betas before the official one came out!) so not sure what
else to suggest :/

Worst case www.ipaqrepair.com (US company, just found them via googling
and some clicking about) will do a RAM upgrade to 64MB, flash ROM to
latest version and replace stylus lock if it's faulty for $89. They also
appear to offer other services, including battery replacement etc. Don't
know how that compares in price to HP direct.

--
Doogie

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004
EARLY BIRD RATE EXPIRES 31/12/03!