[OT] Ipaq crased during ROM upgrade - Help!

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [OT] Ipaq crased during ROM upgrade - Help!
  • From: "Tom Dubourg" <romas2000@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:39:49 -0000

Hi all

I attempted to upgrade the ROM in my Ipaq 3630 from 2.17 to 2.20 via
the serial cable. All went well until near the end of the process
when the upgrade crashed. The upgrade s/w advised to put my Ipaq into
parrot mode and restart the upgrade.

My Ipaq is now in parrot mode and my problem is that the active sync
s/w cannot connect to the ipaq to recommence the upgrade.

Where do I go from here? I don't want to send it to HP for reflashing
if I can help it!

I have serial cable and CF jacket if that is any use. I also took an
image of my old ROM as advised by the upgrade s/w.

Totally fed up because I have only owned this Ipaq for 3 days :-(

Cheers

Tom

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004
EARLY BIRD RATE EXPIRES 31/12/03!