OT Compaq Ipaq Restore

Sorry for the O/T post but I know many of you have Ipaqs.

This morning I replaced the battery in my 3870. Thinking ahead I did
a full back up before hand. However when I tried to restore the
backup it won't let me as it now thinks it's a different model and
the backup is not compatable.

Has anyone else come across this?
I don't really fancy spending the best part of a day reinstalling
everything.

Thanks