Re: OT Compaq Ipaq Restore

I am sorry to say ..

That I have never ever got a backup to work properly ..

I have even tried using sunny soft backup manager.

But when I ever try to recover there is always one critical system file
missing and the machine crashes and refuses to boot properly .. so I end up
having to do a hard reset.

However I am confused .. how would replacing the battery wipe everything on
your ipaq?

Ho Yin

At 10:10 20/02/2004, you wrote:
>Sorry for the O/T post but I know many of you have Ipaqs.
>
>This morning I replaced the battery in my 3870. Thinking ahead I did
>a full back up before hand. However when I tried to restore the
>backup it won't let me as it now thinks it's a different model and
>the backup is not compatable.
>
>Has anyone else come across this?
>I don't really fancy spending the best part of a day reinstalling
>everything.
>
>Thanks

>    *
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo!
Terms of Service.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx